Thursday, August 13, 2009

Barb's Bodacious Wedding Bash!




Hello Bodacious Babes, it's Barb here!


Yes it's true, wedding madness is upon us, especially since we hit the one month mark yesterday. Everything is speeding up and the excitment is high. I am lucky to have the Best Bridesmaid Ever and she is doing her best to keep me on track (yes, there is a shower in the works). Today I am picking up his suit and the rings having a decorating meeting and a meet up with my photographer/garden fluffer!


Our wedding will be taking place in the back yard of our home. Lorna and I will be hooking up with a close friend/amazing artist and one of the most creative people I know, to figure out the decorations this afternoon. The decorating theme is paper. Paper garland and lanterns, balls and whatever else we can think of. The Mexican art form of Papel Picado is the inspiration and the latest edition of Martha Stewart weddings has some fantastic paper projects too. Once again it is my friends who are giving me the most inspiration by being so enthusiastic and excited to help out. It's a bit overwhelming actually. All of the help, the gifts, the skills, the time that people are being so generous with is something that I need to accept with grace. I sometimes feel like I'm not worthy. The truth is, we are all worthy and learning to just say Thank You from the heart is often enough. God, I hope it's enough. lol


Check back here daily, I will be letting you know how my custom made wedding dress is coming along, we'll talk about shoes, we have a special feature relating to flowers too! I will be using The Flower Factory for my flowers and owner Gloria is set to be our next Bold and Audacious Woman interview. Stay tuned for that right here!


If it sounds like I'm all over the map it's because I am. Bear with me and let's see if we can make some sense of all of this wedding stuff.


We would love to hear from you too.

No comments: